UNITED ASSOCIATION HVAC SERVICE
(UA STAR UNIVERSITY MASTERY EXAMINATION)
The trustees of the Service Fitters Educational
Fund, its Executive Committee and the staff of the HVAC Service
Technicians Training Center are pleased to announce preparatory
courses leading to the UA S.T.A.R HVACR Certification.
Deadline for submission
of fee/application form
March 1,8 & 15
8:00 a.m. Starttime
March 22, 2014
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
February 28, 2014
(or earlier, depending on space availability).
- Developed jointly by the United Association
and Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan.
- All Service Technicians are eligible
(applicants must have at least five years experience)
- The examination consists of 199 questions
in the following categories:
|AC & Refrigeration
- The cost is $134.00 (non-refundable)
per examination. Please make a check or money order payable to NITC.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful must take
the entire examination.
- Qualified UA members will earn 30 college
credits upon passing the examination.
- Certification cards and patches will be
provided to service technicians upon satisfactory completion
of UA STAR Certification examination.
- Washtenaw Community College issues the
credits through the UA University
- The credits are applied to an Associate
Degree in HVACR or Construction Supervision.
- The remaining 30-35 credits needed to
complete the degree can be obtained from the UA regional training
system. (For more information visit www.uauniversity.org)
- Program endorsed by the Mechanical Service
Contractors of America (MSCA).
- Certificates and patches will
be provided to service technician upon satisfactory completion
of UA STAR Certification exam.
an application form, schedule of review classes, examination
dates for UASTAR.
If you need more information regarding
the UA S.T.A.R. certification program, please call Margarita Velez
at (718) 472-0414 ext. 203
note: In order to view and print Adobe Portable Document Format
(PDF) files you must have Adobe® Reader® installed
on your computer. If you do not, please download and install
the free software by clicking this link: Adobe®